Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Back home again

August 4--Panama City Beach, FL

I didn't go to Shoneys; I went to Outback Steakhouse instead. I had a very nice shishkabob, plus a chicken and bacon quesadilla. Then I waddled back to the motel.

Sleeping didn't go well, because there was a lot of activity outside. I don't know if it was prostitution or drugs or something innocuous, but there were people talking and knocking on a door and the door opening and closing all night. Combine that with the air conditioning apparently going out for a bit and the cats escaping and going under the bed, I didn't sleep well.

We headed out about 6:15, when it was 82 outside (and 87 in the rig). I stopped to get diesel, and then stopped at McDonalds, where I let the cats out in the RV (they could use the exercise) and I got breakfast and ate it while the cats ran around. Then I began to drive to Panama City.

I took my time, because it was only a few hours and I didn't want to be too early to the campground. The weather was OK; rather sunny and hot, reaching the low 90's by the time I got to PCB.

I'm in the same campground I stayed in last summer. There's a bit of shade, but I'm hoping it's cloudy while I'm here (I may be renting an apartment tomorrow and hopefully will move in (at least to sleep) on Friday). I met with Fran to get my car and had lunch, then I visited four or five apartment places, checked in at work, bought cat food and a sandwich for me, and then looked at the new library.

Now I'm relaxing, enjoying not having to drive far anymore. And I have a new trip to think about: my mother and I are taking a cruise to the other Panama City over Thanksgiving! We're going to take an excursion to go through the canal, which ought to be great. I'm looking forward to snokeling as well, and having a room with a balcony. I'm sure I'll update this blog more then!

Thanks for reading.

1 comment:

Doc Sandy said...

Welcome back! Want to come for a home-cooked meal sometime this weekend?