Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Stationary for a while

May 19--Lethbridge, AB

I woke up very early again--like 4:45. I couldn't go back to sleep, so I got dressed and walked over to the nearby Denny's and had breakfast. Then back to the room to watch a bit of TV. I didn't want to leave too early, as I wanted to avoid rush hour traffic (I had to drive smack through downtown Edmonton). I did nap a bit, and fed the cats (who weren't particularly happy to still be in the kennel). We got on the road around 9:15, and the traffic wasn't too bad. I do have to say, the air in Edmonton smelled wonderful: fresh and cool, with hints of pine.

The drive down wasn't bad either. There was quite a bit of wind between Edmonton and Red Deer, and again between Claresholm and Lethbridge, but otherwise the sky ranged from cloudy to almost full sun. I also had a great view of the mountains in the distance--don't worry, I'll get there! Other than a jam caused by a traffic accident in Calgary, I had pretty much no trouble.

I'm now at my parents' house, and will be here for about the next two weeks. The cats have adjusted well, although I'm not sure my parents' new dog will leave them alone. There's some barking and chasing, and after Nell hissed at Carly, Carly growled, but things have calmed down considerably. There's a barrier between my bedroom and bath and the rest of the house that the cats can jump easily, but the dog can't manage. Nell is spending most of her time in the bedroom, but Puck is following me around, as usual. He did spend a bit of time under the bed at the beginning, but now he's much braver. I think he's figured that he's not only faster than her, but he can jump much better. Not to mention they are pretty much the same size! I'm not worried; I'm sure they'll adapt.

I probably won't be posting again until I leave, which won't be until after June 1, so you may want to chack in then.

2 comments:

Doc Sandy said...

Glad to hear you are safe at your parents' house for a while, I know it must be a relief not to have to drive continuously. All is well here as far as I know, no crises. We're heading up to Boston tomorrow for APS and a visit to my middle school friend, then home for a while, we hope. Al's trying to decide if he can handle a second bachelor's degree at Full Sail in Orlando--it's intensive vocational aimed at game design, 22 months of classes and projects and on the job training. We're remodeling--again. Decided to stay in this house for a while, I think. Take care. Sandy

Doc Sandy said...

Oh, and hi to your mom and dad for me!