Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Just chillin' in Dubois

As much as one can chill in 80-degree weather, anyway. I decided to stay on an extra day, and moved to what might be the nicest campsite yet: shady, backing up to the Wind River, so I can hear a little creek fall into the river. I may stay yet another night, since I spent today walking and swimming and doing laundry and not "relaxing" as much as I could. Hey, it's a tough life . . . .

I suspect once I leave, it's going to be hotter than hell for a while (I'm actually in one of the cooler sections of the state, due mostly to it's altitude (over 6000 feet), so I'm enjoying it while it lasts. The prior people left some firewood, so I may try incinerating some hot dogs I bought, if I can get a fire going.

By the way, I feel much less negative about putting Nell in her kennel for travel. Since I was just moving from one site to another, I didn't pen up the cats. But I found that Nell chose to go into her kennel of her own free will; I really think she feels safer there. Puck, of course, decided to hang out ON TOP OF THE SLIDE. Let's just say it's a good thing I checked to see where he was before I extended the slide!

No comments: