Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Not much to say

June 6--Minot, ND

The trains didn't wake me last night, although I did wake up for the 4am worry (yay cable again--distraction!). We got out on the road by 7:50, and I drove for what seemed a very long time. For the most part the wind was behind us, which not only gave us great mileage, but kept me from going mad: we were perpendicular to the wind for about 13 miles, and given the tilt of the RV and the veering we were doing with gusts, I was incredibly glad that was only about 13 miles. Rolling land, ranging from pasture to cultivation, with no mountains visible.

Most of the day it was cloudy, with more dramatic clouds and spits of rain. I decided to stop in Minot, since there's not much past this and I'm tired (I do hope to sleep tonight). I'm at the usual campground, though there's someone in my old spot! This one is better: it just has electric, so with my discount it cost less than $20. The sun has come out, the wind is now not an enemy but a friend fumigating the RV through all the windows which I've opened, and the cats are laying in the sun making vitamin D. No cable, alas, and no hot tub, but otherwise near perfect. I may have to take a nap in the sun myself!

No comments: