Sunday, July 11, 2010

Rested!

July 11 (morning)--St. Ignace

Well, I'm rested! My ankles are unpuffed (for the moment), the laundry is done, I did some swimming, I did more reading, and the cats really want to eat a seagull. Nell was so in hunter mode she was making little noises while staring at the gulls. I didn't have the heart to tell her that the gull could eat her for an hors d'oeurve. I also got to tell off the little maggots from the prior post: they were chucking rocks around about 10 feet from my rig, and I told them they needed to stop or there would be problems (in a very reasonable voice) and I haven't seen them since. There was also a huge (well, maybe 20 people) youth group that arrived, set up a half-dozen big tents, a dining tent, and a kitchen. They seem to be here for a while. They're also pretty well-behaved; I saw that they're a church group, which probably explains it.

I'm off to the south today. Not looking forward to the weather, but the company should be worth it. It's been in the upper 50's for lows here; very very nice.

Puck got me up at 4:30 this morning; needless to say, he spent the next two hours in the kennel. I'd love to be able to sleep more, but I want to get started before everyone else starts leaving the UP: it's Sunday, and everyone has to be back to work tomorrow, and the Interstate should be loaded in a few hours.

No comments: